Terms and Conditions
Policies Updated March 2021
Health and Safety Statement
(Speeedy Aiders) recognises and accepts its duty of care under the Health and Safety at Work Act to provide a safe and healthy working environment for its team members (students / trainees / clients) and for any other individuals who may have cause to use its premises.
(Speeedy Aiders) has a number of obligations under Health and Safety legislation. These obligations are fully recognised by (Speeedy Aiders), which is committed to complying with the requirements of such legislation.
Team members of (Speeedy Aiders) have a responsibility for ensuring that their duties are carried out in such a way as to be safe to themselves, other employees, (students / trainees / clients) and to the general public.
Team members with (students / trainees / clients) have a duty to ensure that (students / trainees / clients) take responsible care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions during tuition and training.
Any employee or (student / trainee / client) who has any doubt with regard to safe working practices, the safety of equipment, or the health and safety of any part of their work or working environment must report this immediately to the management.
Here at Speeedy Aiders we will always practice good infection control measures and uphold a strict abs stringent policy around our equipment and will now enhance these for increased safety.
- CPR manikins have lungs/airways and valves that will be replaced each day
- The one way valves stop air coming out of the manikins mouth and direct expired air to the back of the manikins head
- Alcohol/sanitising wipes and cleaning wipes will be used between learners after handling equipment such as CPR manikins or any equipment more than one person may use.
- Manikins will be disinfected after each session, using a correct solution or wipes.
- In addition we will now use face shields for increased protection and adhere to a 2 meter distance where applicable.
- Each learner will be issued with a new fresh face covering and should use it the same way up each time
- Hand-washing/hand sanitisation will occur after before and after each practical session and available at other times during the day, when ever the learner feels necessary
- Gloves will be provided
- Spare lungs/faces will be available if necessary to change between learners
- Where possible there will be one manikin per learner, where this is not possible and manikins are shared, each manikin will be kept to the same small group of learners throughout the course
- Individual bandages will be available, after use learns can take these training aids home or dispose of them appropriately.
- Some in-course adjustments to content may need to take place to minimise risk of transmission. If necessary, these will be in-line with latest HSE, Resuscitation Council and Awarding Organisation guidelines.
- All equipment is maintained to a high standard, equipment is reviewed every month to ensure hygiene and reduce the spread of any infection.
If you have any questions or would clarification in area of above please do not hesitate to contact Speeedy Aiders.
1. Full payment for the course must be made prior to the course date.
2. Course fee payments will not be accepted at any training venues.
3. Course fee payments can be made online when booking via the website or bank transfer. All payments should be addressed to Speeedy Aiders
4. Course fees include tuition, supporting manuals, assessment, certification and refreshments at selected intervals. All other costs such as travel, lunch and accommodation are the responsibility of the learner.
5. Cancellation/ Postponement Fee( to ensure your space in one of our courses). More than 14 days' notice before course date there will be no charge. Less than 2 weeks' notice before course date the full course fees will be charged, at the rate payed.
6. It is the learners responsibility to ensure that the course is suitable for their requirements. Speeedy Aiders can offer advice but accept no liability in the event of the course content not meeting the learners requirements.
7. Speeedy Aiders reserves the right to re-schedule or cancel any of its courses - but guarantees to only do this in exceptional circumstances where due reason exists (e.g. severe weather/ bereavement). Should we cancel a course, every effort will be made to rebook you onto a mutually convenient alternative course OR refund your course fee.
8. Speeedy Aiders has the right to alter advertised course venues and trainers. Where a change of venue takes place, all delegates will be informed as soon as practicable but no less than 24 hours prior to the course start date.
9. Students are required at all times to observe and abide by all policies regarding health and safety, security, suitable conduct and behaviour and any other regulations stated by Speeedy Aiders.
10. If a learner breaches any codes of conduct or suitable behaviour whilst attending a course or in during the booking process, Speeedy Aiders has the right to remove the learner from the course or not to accept the learner booking. In the event of a learner being removed from a training course, no refund or remuneration will be made.
11. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any student who arrives late for a course or is absent from any session if we feel they will not gain sufficient knowledge or skill in the time remaining. In all such cases, the full course fee remains payable.
12. By necessity, First Aid qualifications require the student to be assessed performing practical tasks such as Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation(CPR). To pass the assessment the learner must demonstrate the required practical skills. Speeedy Aiders will offer reasonable adjustments in certain circumstances. Should you have any questions regarding this then please contact us.
13. Speeedy Aiders always welcomes in advance, for preparation purposes, notification of any assistance that a learner may need during the course duration.
14. If it is felt by the trainer/ assessor that the learner doesn't meet the learning outcomes of the course and or assessment process and is referred, they will be offered a re assessment which is free of charge.
15.By attending one of our courses you are giving us permission to contact you in 3 years to notify you that your certificate will be up for renewal
1. Full payment for the course must be made prior to the course date.
2. Course fee payments will not be accepted at any training venues.
3. Course fee payments can be made via bank transfer or by card to Speeedy Aiders
4. Course fees include tuition, supporting manuals, assessment, certification. All other costs are the responsibility of the student.
5. Cancellation/ Postponement Fee. More than 14 days' notice before course date there will be no charge. 8-14 days' notice from the course date 50% of the course fee will be charged. 7 days or less notice before course date 100% of the course fee will be charged.
6. It is the learners responsibility to ensure that the course is suitable for their requirements. Speeedy Aiders can offer advice but accept no liability in the event of the course content not meeting the student's requirements.
7. Speeedy Aiders reserves the right to re-schedule or cancel any of its courses but guarantees to only do this in exceptional circumstances where due reason exists (e.g. severe weather/ bereavement). Should we cancel a course, every effort will be made to rebook you onto a mutually convenient alternative course OR refund your course fee.
8. Learners are required at all times to observe and abide by all policies regarding health and safety, security, suitable conduct and behaviour and any other regulations set out by Speeedy Aiders.
9. If a Learner breaches any codes of conduct or suitable behaviour whilst attending a course or in during the booking process, Speeedy Aiders reserve the right to remove the learner from the course or not to accept the learners booking. In the event of a learner being removed from a training course, no refund or remuneration will be made.
10. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any and all learners whom arrives late for a course or is absent from any session if we feel they will not gain sufficient knowledge or skill in the time remaining. In all such cases, the full course fee remains payable. To conform with Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requirements for statutory certificates, attendance at all sessions is mandatory.
11. By necessity, First Aid qualifications require the student to be assessed performing practical tasks such as Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation( CPR). To pass the assessment the student must demonstrate the required practical skills. Speeedy Aiders will offer reasonable adjustments in certain circumstances. Should you have any questions or queries regarding this, please contact Speeedy Aiders.
12. Speeedy Aiders welcomes in advance, for the preparation purposes, notification of any assistance that a learner may need during the running of the course. Speeedy Aiders can assist in this.
13. If it is felt that the learner doesn't meet the learning outcomes of the course and or assessment process and is referred, they will be offered a re assessment which is free.
14.By attending one of our courses you are giving us permission to contact you in 3 years to notify you that your certificate will be up for renewal.
Speeedy Aiders are committed to delivering a exceptional training from our amazing trainers. We are to create experiences for all learners and clients to enjoy.
We encourage and welcome various types of feedback from those who attend our training course so we can evaluate what went well abs what could be looked at for the future.
Speeedy Aiders are dedicated to ensuring that any suggestions for improvement are dealt and actioned as quickly as possible.
Our Aim is too
To listen, investigate and seek fair resolution to any complaint received without prejudice or victimisation of the complainant.
- To resolve any complaint promptly at an early informal stage.
- To provide a procedure for learners and clients to complain or appeal about a decision or any action taken by Speeedy Aiders, its employees, trainers or any of its representatives.
- To ensure all staff are aware of the Complaints and Appeals procedure.
- To ensure that every person involved with Speeedy Aiders is treated fairly and respectably
All complaints will be dealt with sensitively, professionally and in the strictest of confidence and will not affect your rights as an individual.
1. Informal complaintAt the end of the course, students will be issued with an evaluation form to complete where they may make comment on the course content and delivery given by the course instructor. These will all be diligently checked back in the office and analysed for anything that may fall below the expected standards. Speeedy Aiders always take this seriously and work to improve anything that may have fallen below the standards expected. You may have a minor complaint where you feel it may be better to talk to the trainer taking a private but direct approach the the subject issue at hand.If the complaint is something to do with the training room i.e heating, lighting etc. the trainer will in the first instance try to resolve the issue with the venue manager or supervisor. If the outcome from this is unsatisfactory then the issue will be reported back to Speeedy Aiders; then to the Director, who will take further action to resolve this.If the complaints form is being completed by the trainer it will be returned to the office where it will be logged and actioned wherever necessary.If you feel, the outcome is to your satisfaction the complaint will marked as resolved and the only documentation will be from the trainer to the office using the correct complaints procedure.It is normally that the majority of complaints are dealt with informally.
2. Formal ComplaintYou may feel the issue is something that you do not wish to discuss with the trainer or because you were not satisfied with the solution offered by the trainer in the first instance. You should then complete a complaints form ( available on request via email; the email will normally be responded to within 24 hours) and return to Speeedy Aiders e-mail address along with any additional evidence or information. Any complaints should be made in the first instance or within 12 weeks following the incident.If you feel that you can no longer attend the teaching sessions because of your complaint, please speak to the trainer immediately. If your complaint is with the trainer directly, please contact Speeedy Aiders immediately on the number below.Please note: It is important that the trainer knows exactly where all of the learners are at all times during the training sessions.Your complaint will be logged along with the details and passed to a member of speeedy aiders, then onto to the Director. You will receive a response within 5 working days explaining the procedure we will take towards resolving your complaint/ issue. An investigation will follow and a full response will be given within 10 working days. If in an exceptional case 10 working days is not a realistic time frame to resolve the issue the time frame will be revised and the complainant will be notified.Speeedy Aiders in relation to any issue being brought to our attention will:
- Log the complaint on our system
- Investigate the complaint which may involve obtaining statements from any witnesses and the trainer.
- Take into consideration all the information, evidence and circumstances to come to a conclusion. We will then either take steps to make changes to avoid a similar problem arising in agreement with the complainant or dismiss the complaint as unfounded by stating the reasons why.
- Any complaints or appeals will be held on our system and reviewed at quarterly meetings. If any changes, improvements or training are identified following this review, we will take the necessary steps to achieve this.
If the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation they may appeal within 10 days of response letter to the Company Director.The complainant should state the reasons for their dissatisfaction and explain what action they feel should be taken to resolve the issue.The Managing Director will either uphold the original decision, recommend steps that could be taken to avoid a similar issue arising again in the future, invite the complainant to attend an appeals hearing.The Managing Director will confirm the outcome of the Appeal within 10 working days of the hearing date.
FAIB | Email: email@example.com
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Contact information including postal address
Other information that you may voluntarily submit when completing an order or enquiry form.
HOW DO WE USE IT?
We may from time to time use the information we gather to inform you of special events or offers. If you would rather not receive this information, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us so.
PROTECTING CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
When information is collected, we follow strict guidelines for the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us in accordance with the rules of the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
Speeedy Aiders will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We use the information you give us to ensure your enquiry is responded to in an appropriate manner.
You can at any time request us not to use your information for mailings of any kind by simply emailing us and requesting to be removed from our list.
first aid training is allowed to continue, during this pandemic, Speeedy Aiders have made a decision to reduce the amount of learners per course, from the maximum amount to ensure enough availability for ventilation.
Government restrictions are still in place and there is advice and guidance that must be followed. This guidance is changing from time to time and will be updated as necessary.
The HSE extended first aid certificate expiry dates for those whose certificates were due to expire on or after 1st October by a maximum of 6 months to 31st March.
The HSE feels that everyone who needs to re qualify should have done so by 31st March 2021, we do not at this point expect this to be further extended.
Before your training commences, you will need to do a risk assessment of the courses you have planned and take measures to ensure the safety of all involved, with the trainer and venue facilities.
Below Speeedy Aiders has describe the safety measures that we as a training organisation is taking which you should consider, before arrival on one of our courses.
Training Safely - Learners and Trainers
* Anyone displaying symptoms of Covid-19 will be asked not to attend the course
* Anyone who subsequently displays symptoms after attending will be asked to contact the course organiser so that others can be informed to self-isolate
* Seating will be 2 metres apart throughout the day. It is likely that learner numbers will be reduced to accommodate this
* Social distancing will be maintained as far as is reasonably practical except for periods of necessary teaching and assessment
* Where it is necessary for learners to come into closer contact than 2m for purposes of teaching and assessing, then face coverings and gloves will be worn.
* Where possible there will be one manikin per learner, where this is not possible and manikins are shared, each manikin will be kept to the same small group of learners throughout the course and individuals will be issued with a face/airway/face shield for their use during the course
* Rigorous cleaning and sanitisation of equipment will be maintained and cleaned regularly
* Handwashing/hand sanitisation will occur before and after each practical session and at other times during the day as required
* Class sizes have been reduced per course to reduce any possibility of contamination or infection.
COVID - 19 Symptoms
Before a Course
No learner will be permitted to attend training if they or a member of their household has symptoms of Coronavirus, or has had symptoms in the last 14 days.
Symptoms include a new and persistent cough fever, loss of taste or smell.
If a person develops symptoms whilst on a course they will be immediately be sent home to self-isolate and asked to book a test via www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119 if they have no internet access.
Please consider your colleagues, other learners and the trainer. If you're unwell you MUST NOT not attended the course.
After a Course - Track & Trace
All students and their managers must inform us if they develop symptoms within 14 days of attending the course.
If the trainer that delivers your course develops symptoms within 14 days of running any course, we will inform all learners that completed the track & trace form that they have had contact with someone who has developed symptoms.
Prior to Covid-19, 12 people were allowed to attended each course this has now been reduced.
Group numbers have now need been reduced to comply. Room sizes will mean limiting the numbers of students to ensure that all can respect the 2 metre social distancing measures.
Training rooms must be set up to ensure strict 2 metres social distancing measures and each training room size will be assessed before the course is booked.
The rooms must allow for entry and exit without compromising social distancing. Rooms also need to be well ventilated. Fans are not advisable.
Training room requirements
For in-house courses, where we will come to your venue and trainemployees, there are a number of things we need from you to ensure the training environment is suitable.
* The room must be of suitable size for the number of students being trained
* Please do not ask a trainer to accept additional students on to the course. It makes for an awkward conversation and risks the health of both students or trainer.
* The room must have been sanitised - chairs (and tables if required) disinfected
* Chairs set out with suitable social distancing
* Clean hand-washing and toilet facilities provided and easily accessible
* If particular PPE is required in your environment, please ensure that there is a new, clean set available for the trainer to use
* All students will need to adhere to social distancing and cleaning requirements